I swear to God, my head has been a crazy frenzy since the weekend!
Sunday of last week, the day after I attended ‘The Scaling Summit’, I had a long hard think about what I wanted to do on this new path of self employment. I’d had thoughts the day before about re-igniting my blog that I’d set up last summer, and the workshop certainly gave me some inner belief to follow my dream.
So, taking the bull by the horns, on Sunday night I sat and wrote a blog all about my experience on Saturday… of how these three women I have never met before managed to get into my soul and make me think about achievements in my life that I’d buried deep, not really giving them any significance. There was this huge emotional pull from that day that if you believe it, you can do it. It was like they could see all my insecurities better than I could… probably because it’s the same insecurities that most of the women in the room had…
Am I good enough?
Can I really do this?
I feel like an imposter.
So, once the blog was complete I decided to post it out. Admittedly, it was a little late for many people to see it, but figured what the heck! What I didn’t expect was the wonderful response almost immediately from the hosts from the day Andrea and Emma, who loved what I had done and asked permission to share it. What also followed was lots of lovely comments from the ladies that attended, saying how well I had articulated the day and put out there exactly how they felt.
My god! Little old me did that! To say I was buzzing was an understatement. Hubby was already in bed asleep, but I made sure I was moving around loud enough that he stirred and I then promptly told him what had happened!
A Renewed Vigour
Come Monday morning, the blog had received even more views and lovely comments. I was starting to shut up the voices in my head telling me there is no way I should waste my time on developing this blog idea further.
I’ve re-evaluated my business goals and what I want out of my new business as a social media manager (Social in Somerset). I already have a client that I do business support and social media for and I want to help SME’s with their social media platforms – setting them up, putting together a strategy and consulting them on how to get going. However, I’ve made the big decision that I want one more long term client and my other big client will be… ME! I need to treat myself like I would a client in order to make this happen.
The other thing I’ve been doing over this last week is listening to audio book ‘Mum Boss’ by Vicki Psarias. Her words of wisdom have spurred me on to take make some changes in the way I do things.
So far I have;
- Created a lovely little desk space for me to work at during the day. It really helps to have a designated work environment.
- Joined a local running group to ensure I get some much needed adult interaction now that I’m working from home, and hopefully I will re-discover my love for running while I’m at it!
- Ensure I listen to my body and practice self-care. My monthly Reiki sessions started back up this week and I was booked in for first thing Monday morning! It was heaven!
- I make sure I take regular breaks and don’t feel guilty about it. Sometimes, it might be a walk with the dog to clear my head, or I have been known to set the alarm on my phone and have a half hour disco nap!
- I also try and get up before everyone else does to get something done, even if its a peaceful cup of tea. Usually I would only get up to do a workout, but now on rest days, or days where I’m doing something later, I still get up 40 minutes before the rest of the family – it’s BLISS!
I’m pretty good at the art of procrastinating… I have the good intentions but they are never fully completed… my hubby calls me ‘Half-a-Job Bob’! Well enough of that! I have taken some big steps this week. I have;
- Booked a new networking event targeted at ladies in business within the county of Somerset. If I want to work with businesses in the ‘well woman’ arena then that’s where I need to be.
- Booked some training on using mobile video for social media – not just for me, but as part of my social media management business, I want to be able to show companies how to do this for themselves.
- Met with a graphic designer who is going to re-invigorate my website and logo to make it look kick-ass!
I find if I don’t overthink it and just do it, it will get done! Putting it all out here for you to read is also a big push… cause I really don’t want to come back in one or two year’s time in the same position as I am right now!
The time has come to stop thinking and start doing!
Until next time,
Love and hugs xxx